Baby, It’s Cold Outside!
Harvey enjoyed a short play in the snow this morning!
Flynn also enjoyed a short morning walk!
Many dogs enjoy getting outdoors in the winter, but there are some precautions to take to ensure your dog is safe.
- Make sure you keep a close eye on your dog when they are outside. If they start showing signs of being cold (shivering, whining, lifting paws, etc.) it is time to bring them inside
- Short, more frequent trips are better compared to spending a long time outside
- Take into consideration your dog’s breed, age, and health when letting them have outdoor time in the cold
- If you are going to spend time outside with your dog in the cold, aim for the warmer parts of the day
- Consider booties and a jacket to give some extra protection in the elements
We are looking forward to warmer temperatures next week! Stay safe!